Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Green Building For Renovation Projects Is A Challenge

While it is increasingly true that buildings being built now are incorporating ecologically friendly aspects into their buildings, the problem of how to "green" existing buildings remains.

In Canada, 90 percent of buildings are existing properties (the other 10 percent are new construction). Given the enormous concerns about GHG emissions and energy consumption related to climate change, as well as the logic of using green building measures like daylighting to reduce employee costs via productivity gains, it is vital to find a way to green existing buildings which bypasses some of the major challenges.

Read the full article from Green Syndicated Columnist Sonja Persram here.